QARN members will be aware that the situation of people being removed to unsafe countries is not unusual. Leicester City of Sanctuary and other people are finding out how the system operates and have been very active to prevent the removal of Abdul Ghafar Rajabali, a 23 year old from Afghanistan who has made his home in Leicester. He has been detained and is facing deportation to Afghanistan.
Abdul faced terrible persecution in Afghanistan: his father was Russian and when Abdul was a baby, his parents and all his family were murdered.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
1. Sign the petition asking Home Secretary, Theresa May to grant Abdul sanctuary in the UK (https://www.change.org/
2. Share the petition on your facebook wall
3. Invite your friends to take part in the campaign
4. Write to your local MP (or the relevant office for external affairs if you’re outside of the UK)
5. Write to Home Secretary, Theresa May MP at public.enquiries@homeoffic
6 Write to Minister for Immigration, Mark Harper MP, at ministerforimmigration@hom
7. Telephone the office of the Home Secretary, Theresa May MP, on +44(0)20 7035 4848 or +44(0)870 606 7766
8.Telephone the office of the Minister for Immigration on +44(0)20 7035 4848 or +44(0)20 7219 5056
9. Donate towards his legal fees: Donations can be sent to Abdul’s football team FC Kolektivo Victoria: sort code 089299 acc. no. 65570753 or via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org (please ensure any payments are clearly marked “FOR ABDUL”)